I had the diaper bag loaded with all of the necessary distractions - book, stuffed toy, rings, puffs, oatmeal and veggies. Even though I had brought Charlotte's dinner with me, I decided to order her something from the kids's menu since we are trying to incorporate more finger foods. So I ordered her a kid's quesadilla! This was Charlotte's very first time with real restaurant food!! Exciting, right? The quesadilla also came with a little cup of fruit - cantaloupe, pineapple and grapes. We steered clear of the pineapple and grapes, but cut up the cantaloupe and she seemed to like it. Although when I picked her up at the end of the meal a lot of cantaloupe (along with puffs and a wagon wheel) fell to the floor. I'm guessing she got at least a few pieces! She also seemed to really like the quesadilla - pulled apart into the tiniest pieces - I am so paranoid about choking. She can probably barely taste them they are so small!
I took a picture of Charlotte's first kid's menu order -

And here she is at the restaurant!


Charlotte was such a good girl at the restaurant. We were there for nearly 2 hours and she was just great the whole time. She enjoyed looking at everyone and interacting with our friends. I think she is finally opening up to them - it takes her a few times seeing someone before she will really smile and play. Oh, and as usual everyone and everything she looked at was "da-da" :)
1 comment:
This blog is all that and a bag of chips!
Post a Comment