Sunday, April 12, 2009

Charlotte's First Easter

Today marked one of the last firsts for Charlotte - first holidays that is - she has a TON of other firsts left to achieve! I realized yesterday that I hadn't really thought too much about her outfit for the day, at least an outfit to wear to church. Sort of late in the game to be finding an Easter dress! I took another look in her closet just to be sure I didn't already have something suitable, and behold...another gift from Madeline (I can't really call these things hand-me-downs, they are practically brand new!). A perfect Easter dress in just the right size! I also looked through Charlotte's shoe basket and found some super cute pink soft shoes that complimented the outfit nicely (we don't really do the whole shoe thing that much, we barely keep our socks on most days). And I also found a little hair bow that matched perfectly!







And to continue the trend of our typical separate daddy with baby and mommy with baby pictures. We really need to get a whole family shot sometime!



We went to church for a really nice service. We were lucky to get a seat in the Sanctuary and not in the "satellite" room (aka Fellowship Hall)...there were TONS of people there! After visiting with Chris, Sarah, Madeline and Gabriel for a few minutes, we headed over to my Mom and Dad's house for an impromptu visit so they could see Charlotte in her super cute outfit! We had a nice lunch and spent some time visiting and playing. Nana and Grandaddy had a special Easter basket for Charlotte, complete with 3 new books and a cookie and Reese's egg that we get to enjoy! Sorry...no pictures of this part of our day since we didn't have our camera!

Charlotte had missed her morning nap because of church, and was fading fast, so we headed home and got her down for a nap, but not before she changed into her casual Easter outfit!


After she woke up we had her look at her Easter basket and presents.

Digging in to her basket from me and Steve

Can we open this please?

Looking at her present from Grandma

Reading the card from Aunt Jacki


Charlotte seemed to enjoy her gifts, but she really liked playing with the tissue paper at the bottom of her basket!


It was a great day!

No comments: